LODGING & TRANSPORTATION
2014 ASI International Convention meetings will be at Devos Place, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Accomodation options below.
Amway Grand Plaza Hotel is available August 3-11. Courtyard and JW Marriot are available from August 3-10. All include discounted self-parking ($10.00 per day). Discounted valet parking ($20.00 per day) is available at Amway and JW Marriot. All three hotels offer free wi-fi and complimentary fitness center access to their guests.
All attendees and exhibitors must arrange their own accommodations. Registration fees do not include lodging. The ASI rate is available through July 14. ASI rates cannot be guaranteed beyond that date. Rates are based on room availability and continuous stay. If making reservations by phone, ask for the ASI rate. The Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, JW Marriott and Courtyard Downtown are the only official ASI hotel options.
If problems occur with your reservation, call George Adams at 240-529-3436 or Barb Schumacher at 507-226-2900 ASI Housing Coordinators.
Reservations can be canceled up to 24 hours prior to arrival without penalty. A cancellation within 24 hours prior to arrival will result in a cancellation fee equal to one night's stay.
MAP OF DOWNTOWN HOTELS AND ATTRACTIONS
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
Parking Meters - Almost all of the meters within several blocks of DeVos Place are enforced Mon-Fri. 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Evening and weekend parking are free unless otherwise marked. The only meters that are enforced on the weekends are along Monroe Center. Those meters are clearly marked.
Parking rates for weekends:
- DeVos Place - $8.00
- Government Center - $8.00 (directly across Monroe Ave from DeVos Place)
- Louis Campau Ramp - $8.00 ( 3 blocks south of DeVos Place on Monroe Ave)
- Monroe North Lot - $5.00 ( 3 blocks north of DeVos Place on Monroe Ave)
- Ionia North Lot - $5.00 (6 blocks NE of DeVos Place)
- Scribner Lot - $5.00 (2 blocks west of DeVos Place)
PARKING FOR OVERSIZED VEHICLES
The city provides a parking lane on Scribner and Mt. Vernon Avenues for over-size vehicles. A Devos Place dock guard will provide a free permit and direct you to the parking lanes after you unload your vehicle at the exhibit hall on Michigan Street. Trucks and trailers that are too large to fit in the parking garage may park here for the duration of ASI.
Click to view the map for parking oversized vehicles.
Motorcoach Airport Service
This year ASI is providing full-size motorcoach service to and from the airport. The cost is $20.00 one-way or round-trip. Please make your reservation by clicking the link below. Shuttles will run every 30 minutes on Tuesday 8/5 and Wednesday 8/6 to the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel and Sunday 8/10 from the Amway Grand Plaza Hotel to the Gerald R. Ford Intl. Airport. Check the website for more detailed times here.
If you are arriving and/or departing on a different day than what is listed above please click the link for metro-cab below and make your reservations.
METRO CAB taxi and limo service
If you are NOT arriving in Grand Rapids on Tuesday or Wednesday and you need airport transfers please read all the instructions below then call one of the dispatch numbers to make your reservation.
(616) 827-6500 (taxi reservation line)
OR (616) 827-6700 (Sedan / Navigator reservation line).
· Taxi service is available either @ the airport curbside or by calling the taxi reservation line and reserving a taxi in advance.
· Sedan and SUV service is also available at curbside but, it is recommended to book the service in advance by calling the Sedan / Navigator reservation line.
· Return trips to the GRR can be set up and reserved through Metro dispatch.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TAXI SERVICE AT GERALD R FORD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Metro Cab of Grand Rapids is the ground transportation company for Gerald R Ford International Airport. The taxis are located outside door # 4, just beyond the United Airline baggage claim area. Outside of door # 4 is the Metro Cab kiosk, staffed with a Metro Cab employee. Simply do the following…….
1. Exit through door # 4.
2. Tell the Metro Cab employee stationed @ door # 4 that you are with the “ASI International Convention”.
3. Be sure the Metro Cab employee marks the trip on the “ASI” log when you enter the vehicle..
Taxi fares are per vehicle, NOT per person.
Below are a list of transportation options available to “ASI”.
· Taxi service is metered and estimated @ $32.00 (gratuity not included) from the GRR to the downtown hotels. All taxis are minivans and carry up to 5 passengers with luggage.
· Sedan Service is a flat rate of $40.00 ($8.00 gratuity will be added) from GRR to the downtown hotels. All Sedans are “L” series Lincoln Town Cars and carry up to 2 passengers with luggage.
· SUV service is also a flat rate of $40.00 ($8.00 gratuity will be added) from the GRR to the downtown hotels. All SUV’s are Lincoln Navigators and carry up to 5 passengers with luggage.
Amigo Mobility Center
Scooter Rental - Special Conference Rate $30.00 per day
Michigan Sales Tax 6%
Delivery/pick up to DeVos Convention Center - $45.00 (one time charge)
**Reservations must be placed by July 30th – mention special code ASI**
Please call 866-361-7559 or email email@example.com for reservations or questions
AVIS Rental Discount: ASI has partnered with Avis to provide rental cars at a discounted rate. You may reserve your car online, by contacting Todd Alexander at 1-800-525-7537 Ext. 35003 or by calling the Meetings and Convention Department at 1-800-525-7537. They can ensure that you maximize your rental dollars. Please mention AWD# D495853 when you call.